Arsenal 'willnot fear' Lionel Messi reputationin Champions League clash! - BIGTIMI'S BLOG

.

.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011
0
Arsenal defender Johan
Djourou refuses to be
intimidated by the reputation
of Lionel Messi in Wednesday
night's Champions League
clash at the Emirates Stadium.
Messi struck four goals when the
rivals met in the second leg of
the quarter-finals last year and is
viewed as the world's best
player. But Djourou is ready to
test himself against the Argentina
forward and insists Barcelona
have too much talent to
concentrate on one individual.
"You don't get scared, if I was
scared I wouldn't be playing,"
said Djourou. "Messi is just a
great player, he has shown that
across the world, but I am
excited. We know about Messi
but it's not only about him.
There is Xavi and Andres Iniesta
as well."
He added: "Every game is a big
game, I don't see it as bigger
because it is Barcelona. They are
the best team in the world but
for me and the team it is a
normal game. We want to be
focused and go through.
"We all know what they can do,
we've watched their games. We
have to be focused for 90
minutes, but don't forget we
have great players going
forwards as well."
Djourou explains what victory in
the first leg of the round of 16
tie would do to Arsenal's own
reputation.
"It would show we have great
ability, not only in the Premier
League but also in Europe," he
said. "We could show the world
that Arsenal is a big club. It is
great, we are not conceding
many goals. We have good
defenders at the club and are
getting good results."
Djourou has been a revelation in
Arsenal's defence after missing
virtually the whole of last season
with a serious knee injury.
"Everything has gone well for
me. I have the confidence of the
manager and I'm happy I'm in
the team and showing what I can
do," he said.
"You get doubts when you are
out, but once I came back I
knew it would be okay. For me it
was a good point to show my
injury is fine and in the past, now
I am enjoying myself and I want
to keep it that way."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We value our readers comment, Please drop a comment.