Chris Brown talks about his new album. - BIGTIMI'S BLOG

.

.

Thursday, March 28, 2013
0

Los Angeles - Chris Brown has previewed five tracks from his new album, X.

The Don't Wake Me Up singer has completed work on his sixth album and claims it is his deepest work to date.

He told Rolling Stone magazine: "This album has a lot of substance, from the subject matter and the situations to how it deals with love. It's really derived from personal experiences. Then again, I always like mixing reality with art."

The singer - who has controversially reconciled with Rihanna, whom he was convicted of assaulting in 2009 - also said the one letter title holds significance for him.

He told USA Today newspaper: "X is about life, it's about me. X is the 24th letter of the alphabet, and I'll be 24 when it comes out. When you see X on a vial, it's like forbidden fruit. For me, it means being able to express myself without a filter, without boundaries."

'The Quincy Jones approach'

The five previewed tracks are titled Add Me In, Autumn Leaves, Lady in Glass Dress, X and the first single, Fine China.

Producers on the album include Diplo and Timbaland, and Chris says he wanted to get away from the electronic, dance-music influenced sound of his fourth record, 2011's F.A.M.E.

He explained: "I tried to stay away from the Euro beats, and not go totally pop. Instead, I wanted to take the Quincy Jones approach. The record pays homage to the Stevie Wonders, the Michael Jacksons, the Sam Cookes: I wanted to put that classic essence of R&B and soul with the new age of music now.

"There's a lot of live instruments, and a lot less Auto-Tune. I really wanted to demonstrate my vocal ability, creating the vibe of me singing along with a band."

BangShowBiz

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Etisalat. Enjoy high speed mobile broadband on our easyblaze and plans for BlackBerry. Visit www.etisalat.com.ng for details.